[bct] Re: Spoofing email

  • From: Chetan Bakhru <drunkenmonkey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 17:15:04 -0700

Hi all,

Well, apparently the person who was pissed off on the list earlier knows how to
spoof like our old friend did. Maybe they have some kind of relationship to
this person. I don't want to say anything that may be false, but let's think
about it. Earlier today we received a message from someone who was mad, and
then people started replying to that message and probably set this guy off.

Chetan

Quoting Rick Harmon <rickharmon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi everyone,

The two spoofed emails that supposedly were sent by me have headers that show the email coming from a account in New Zealand just like all the others from our little friend.

So Larry I guess our friend did not go to jail after all and is again having fun here on the list.

I hope something can be done before the list has to go elsewhere again for safety.

I guess this give everyone on this list something to think about. Can we really trust anyones email on here any more? I sure hate to second guess every email I get from here as to it being real or not.

Rick

=======

Contact Information:

Skype ID: rharmon928
MSN ID: rharmon928@xxxxxxxxxxx
Email: rickharmon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Phone: 330-724-6093
Location: Akron, Ohio USA

blind_geek_zone

"The chief handicap of the blind is not blindness, but the attitude of seeing people towards them."
- Helen Keller, 1925