[bct] Re: Spontanious reboot

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 06:16:21 -0700

Rick,

Have you re-installed your system from the ground up? Maybe a Windows driver is corrupted. If I recall correctly, you can re-install Windows without re-formatting the hard drive; I did this a couple years ago when a driver got corrupted. Of course, the catch is that you'd have to re-install all the Windows updates, probably including the latest service packs. But your data would still be on the drive since you wouldn't have erased the non-Windows parts.

It's drastic, but not as drastic as re-installing from scratch, and I've done that too.

Are you sure the memory sticks are the correct variety for your machine? Did you check the machine's manual?

Sad to say, my experience with AMD hasn't been too good; I haven't generally found AMD processors to work too well; once, about ten years ago, I had one that had a clock that lost 23 hours out of each 24-hour day.
Mary Emerson
E-mail: maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype name: mkemerson
Podcast feed: emerson.libsyn.com/rss