[bct] Speech synthesis and memory usage.

  • From: "Jenny Axler" <jaxler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 08:18:39 -0800

Hello all,

I am hoping one of you who is more technically schooled in computers can tell
me something.  We've had lots of discussion about more human sounding speech
and one of the things we have discussed as a negative is the fact that the
speech tends to hick-up a good deal.  one thing i have noticed though.  All of
the more human sounding speech engines seem to work better with Kurzweil and
Window Eyes than they do with Jaws.  can anyone tell me if this has to do with
the amount of Ram Jaws uses or what else it might be?  just curious.

By the way, the real speak voices really are responsive.  i actually cannot
believe something this high quality actually works well with Jaws.
Jenny