[bct] Re: Speech rates in podcasts

  • From: Pam Quinn <quinn.family@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 11:26:36 -0600

I don't know if any could be considered normal, since preferred speech
rate is such a personal thing. I am accustomed to fast speech but have
no problem with whatever rate that is used for podcasts. Maybe for
example with the goldwave podcast that is coming soon, people who
intend to use goldwave and don't already have a sound editing program
they're happy with, should chime in and give their speech rate
preference. As for my vote, I'll definitely be using goldwave, and
since speech rate hasn't been an issue for me, whatever the majority
is comfortable with is fine with me.

Pam