[bct] Re: Speach synthesisers

  • From: "Bill Belew" <bill@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 13:10:13 -0800

Brent, I can't check Jaws right now, but I do know that you can go to the
properties of the usb to serial adapter in device manager and actually
change the com port.  That would allow you to make it one of the first four.
This doesn't carry the worry about conflicts because of com 1 and com 3 or
com2 and com 4 sharing the same irq because the com ports assigned to such
devices can use other irqs.  Let me know if you are having trouble with all
this and I will take a closer look and try to help you figure it  out.

Bill