[bct] Re: Speach synthesisers

  • From: "Bill Belew" <bill@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 11:28:55 -0800

Hi Dan,

I'm behind in reading all the traffic on this list, but I thought I'd
respond to your question about com ports and usb to serial adapters.  In my
experience, once you install a usb to serial adapter, you need to go to
system properties and device manager and look at the entries under ports.
My usb to serial adapter shows up there along with the com port to which it
has been assigned.  You can then plug in that com port number in the
synthesizer setup area of your screen reader.  Under certain circumstances
it can also be necessary to go into the properties for the usb entry under
ports and adjust the default baud rate, etc.

Bill