[bct] Re: Soundprofessionals and shipping info?

  • From: Mike Busboom <lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 19:16:10 +0100

Hello Krister,

I order stuff from the States all the time, and I believe that some general bits of info will help.

When a country sends a product from the States to an EU country, they have to state the value of the product. Then, the customs due will be assessed to you, and you usually pay this fee when the product is delivered. This value is separate from the value that appears on your credit card bill since that value only reflects the price charged by the company that bills you. In Austria, for example, you would pay an additional 20 percent since this is what Austria's import tax is. be the

If you do business with Sound Professionals, they may tell you that they cannot accept a foreign credit card. You can get around this problem by sending them a PDF containing each side of your credit card.

Hope this helps,

At 02:22 PM 2/23/2006, you wrote:
Hi folks,
Well, i'm out shopping for some new sound gear, partly so i can make podcasts for y'all to enjoy.<smile> Now i wonder if anyone has been dealing with Soundprofessionals? They seem very ok as far as i've seen on their web site, however i can't seem to see anything about their shipping prices, only that it's applied somewhere along the way. I need to have this info since i will be importing gear from the U.S to Sweden and have to know what the final price tag will be.
I'd be greatful if someone could help me out here.