[bct] Re: Sound Recorder

  • From: "M. Dimitt" <jamdim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 17:14:50 -0700

Thanks, Maria, for your comments.
Jamie
----- Original Message ----- From: "Maria L" <raynbo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 5:12 PM
Subject: [bct] Re: Sound Recorder

I think if you want to raise the volume of something AFTER it's recorded you have to use a sound editor, or re-record it. If you're having problems while recording, you might want to check the recording volume of the device you're using. Usually when you open volume control, it defaults to playback volume. To see the recording control, go to the Options menu and choose Properties, then select the radio button that says Adjust Volume for Recording or something similar.
Honestly, since Sound Recorder only lets you record a minute at a time, and can only record .wav files, I think you'd be better using another recorder. I know there's some free ones out there that let you do editing as well, although they don't have as much functionality as something like Sound Forge.
Maybe someone who actually does a lot with audio stuff can help you out more, but here are my thoughts.
Maria

----- Original Message ----- From: "M. Dimitt" <jamdim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>