[bct] Re: Sound Forge 8 manuals on my ftp site. Read message

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 09:52:41 -0500

Great, thanks Neal.  Now, I can take this manual to bed with me tonight
and feel whole and complete.  Scoot over Liz, there's no room for you in
here--I've got my SF manual now!!!

>>> neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Tuesday, March 07, 2006 9:27:23 AM >>>
OK, the manuals are there.  However, I will warn you about the html
file.  I cannot get it to open even without JAWS running.  I'm not
sure
if it's just too large and that there is very little coding or what,
but
it hangs up my computer when I try to open it.  The Word file and the
Txt file open fine.

Larry wanted to know how I got an unprotected Manual.  Well, I bribed
them with some of Dan's scotch, so Dan, it's time to pay up.  Actually
Sonic Foundry, and now
Sony, is quite good about doing this for people who are blind.  In
general, Sony can't be bothered with such a lowly request, but there
are
still enough of my old buddies that used to work for Sonic Foundry,
which is right down the street, that they are sensitive to our
requests.
So, if any of you have older versions, I would call them up and see if
you could get a manual.  Just don't tell them that I have spread the
other one around.  It's only supposed to be for people who are blind
and
they may not like it that I made it available to anyone who happens to
come along to my ftp site.

The number for Sony Digital Pictures who now owns Sound Forge is
800 577 6642

Perhaps I'll try Larry's trick and take the manual to bed with me
tonight.  I have a funny feeling my wife may have something to say
about
my cuddling with my BookPort.

FTP site:

ftp://ftp.ravenswood.org