[bct] Sound Forge 8 manuals on my ftp site. Read message

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bct" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 08:27:23 -0600

OK, the manuals are there.  However, I will warn you about the html
file.  I cannot get it to open even without JAWS running.  I'm not sure
if it's just too large and that there is very little coding or what, but
it hangs up my computer when I try to open it.  The Word file and the
Txt file open fine.

Larry wanted to know how I got an unprotected Manual.  Well, I bribed
them with some of Dan's scotch, so Dan, it's time to pay up.  Actually
Sonic Foundry, and now
Sony, is quite good about doing this for people who are blind.  In
general, Sony can't be bothered with such a lowly request, but there are
still enough of my old buddies that used to work for Sonic Foundry,
which is right down the street, that they are sensitive to our requests.
So, if any of you have older versions, I would call them up and see if
you could get a manual.  Just don't tell them that I have spread the
other one around.  It's only supposed to be for people who are blind and
they may not like it that I made it available to anyone who happens to
come along to my ftp site.

The number for Sony Digital Pictures who now owns Sound Forge is
800 577 6642

Perhaps I'll try Larry's trick and take the manual to bed with me
tonight.  I have a funny feeling my wife may have something to say about
my cuddling with my BookPort.

FTP site:

ftp://ftp.ravenswood.org

Neal Ewers