[bct] Re: Sound Forge

  • From: "Kai" <kaixiong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 17:43:28 -0800

Greetings Lynnette.
With your focus in the music file's window, go to the process menu (alt
+ p), then press v for volume. If you want to decrease volume, choose
the -6 DB preset. Choose the +6 DB preset to do the inverse. Note that
tabbing once from the preset combo box will land you in a volume control
slider, which will let you make much more precise adjustments to the
sound file's volume.
Tip: Before you go to the volume dialog, enter the normalize dialog box
and choose the music preset. That sets a nice, general standard. Now, in
your speech file, normalize it, using the speech preset. Once that's
done, you can customize the volume all you like.