[bct] Re: Sound Devices 700

  • From: The Scarlet Wombat <coconut@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 16:42:44 -0500

Yes Neal. The DVS narrators have a difficult job. Anyone who has seen would understand that they can only describe a tiny piece of what is going on, mostly the essential actions and little about the sets or the backgrounds or many details, they just don't have time.

For example, a simple scene, the bridge of the Enterprise in the Next Generation series could take about 15 minutes to describe, perhaps more, then there is trying to describe the people, Piccard and Worf, Crusher and Deanna. We get only bare bones descriptions as that is all there is time for, and in a serious action flick, there is barely time for that without stepping on dialog.

Okay, I'll have Scotty beam the Scotch directly to your studio.