[bct] Re: Sound Devices 700

  • From: "Rick Harmon" <rickharmon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 16:45:49 -0500

LOL very true...

Helen Keller

----- Original Message -----
From: "The Scarlet Wombat" <coconut@xxxxxxx>
To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2006 4:42 PM
Subject: [bct] Re: Sound Devices 700

Yes Neal.  The DVS narrators have a difficult job.  Anyone who has seen
would understand that they can only describe a tiny piece of what is going
on, mostly the essential actions and little about the sets or the
backgrounds or many details, they just don't have time.

For example, a simple scene, the bridge of the Enterprise in the Next
Generation series could take about 15 minutes to describe, perhaps more,
then there is trying to describe the people, Piccard and Worf, Crusher and
Deanna.  We get only bare bones descriptions as that is all there is time
for, and in a serious action flick, there is barely time for that without
stepping on dialog.

Okay, I'll have Scotty beam the Scotch directly to your studio.