[bct] Re: Sound Devices

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 09:45:28 -0800

Well, it's just a mixer. It's got two monaural channels which can be accessed via either regular 1/4-inch jacks or XLR jacks. The headphone jack is the right-most one on the top row. I am not sure what some of the other jacks are except there appear to be two sets of two stereo channels; first few items on the first three rows are:
row 1: XLR, 2 jacks
second row: 1/4 inch monaural mic inputs; these can also be used for line in.
third row: small knobs to adjust the monaural input volume

Not sure where the stereo inputs are; they may be to the right of the monaural inputs on the second row. They can also be used for line in.

The knobs below the rows of jacks adjust the following:
first three rows below the monaural volume knobs: 3-band EQ
fourth row: effects processing
fifth row: pan, left or right; this means the placement of the signal in the stereo field
sixth row: volume for the channels
rightmost knobs on bottom row:
headphone volume (second from right) and
master volume for the mixer itself (right most on bottom row)

Haven't figured out where the outputs are except on the right side there's a set of two for mixer to tape, and another for output from tape to mixer.

That's all I know so far.

Shane Jackson's podcast number 18 has a small demo of some of these features. I think his podcast is at