[bct] Re: Sound Blaster or Turtle Beach

  • From: "Brent Harding" <bharding@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 22:33:01 -0600

I like my Turtle Beach a lot better. Jaws isn't as bright sounding, but you don't get those odd upsample artifacts or the eloquence studder that is probably caused by such. I think eloquence runs at 11225 or something and SB has to upsample to 48k so that's 4 times as much random data that has to be made as what was in the audio originally. I found it to do badly when other programs were open that used audio like winamp, which sends 44.1 standard CD quality.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Belew" <bill@xxxxxxxx>