[bct] Re: Sony mz-rh910, was Re: Re: binaural mics

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 15:19:35 -0600

Ray, what does a high MD disk sell for these days?  I've been tempted to
try one of the new minidisk units.  In addition to what you say about
increased quality, I think that if you do use high MD, you can actually
record a wav file at 44100 and 16 bits.  You only get about an hour of
recording this way, but at least one has the option of doing that if one
wants.  I have also found the Sony mike preamps on older units such as
my 900 to be much more quiet than that of the Edirol and the Microtrack
recorders.  I hope the new recorders are just as quiet.  The other thing
I have been asked is how easy the buttons are to use.  On a previous
version to mine, the buttons, especially the pause button, were so small
you could hardly feel them.

Neal