[bct] Re: Sony ds70p microphone or cs90 microphone?

  • From: "Ray Foret Jr." <rforetjr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 14:09:54 -0600

The CS907, which is the one I have and thus may be similar to what you're
looking at is a good deal less sensitive than is the DS-70P.  Also, be aware
that the DS-70P has no wind protection to speak of.  The DS-70P operates on
power to nic.  What this means is that the recorder must transmit a small
amount of power to the microphone through it's cord for it to work.  The
DS-97, which I suspect is similar to the DS-90 needs a battery of it's own
because it cannot take advantage of the power to mic feature.  IF it's
classroom recording you want to do however, I'd go with the DS-70P.

Sincerely yours,
The Constantly Barefoot,
Ray
Home phone and fax: