[bct] Re: Sonic Sonic Stage questions

  • From: "Ray Foret Jr." <rforetjr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 14:33:18 -0600

MessageOkay Neal, here I come to the rescue, sort of.  First things first.  I
would go to:
and click on the help link in the navigation bar.  There's a support page from
which you can select your model and then get what you need in the way of
software...I think that's how that works anyhow.

    Next, you asked if the software screws up other things on your computer.
No, it does not; although, I need to add one very important little detail.
When you first run Sonic Stage, it will, as most media software will do, offer
to play everything on your computer.  You'll be happy to know that the boxes
you're supposed to check and uncheck are clearly accessible; and, Sonic Stage
will obey those settings.  Okay, now the fun part.  You ask whether it is
possible to transfer audio from the minidisc to your computer.  Yep, it sure
is, and, it's so easy, you won't need the Scotch to do it.  Here's how it's

1.  Make sure your device is connected to the PC.

2.  Now, enter the software in the usual manner.

3.  Next, press alt+v to access the view menu.

4.  Now, go down till you hear, "transfer submenu...".

5.  Press enter here.

6.  Next, go down till you hear "high md".

7.  Press enter here.

8.  The disc will spin up and you will then be taken out of the menu bar.

9.  Next, press alt+e to access the edit menu.

10.  Now, go up until you get to the devices menu.

11.  Next, press enter on this.

12.  At this point, select "high MD".  Again, you will be taken out of the menu

13.  Next, go back in to the edit menu by pressing alt+e.

14.  Now, go down to the "device info" selection and press enter on it.  You
will see a dialog which, if you read using the JAWS curser will show you
information such as how much space you've used up on the disc and how much is
left; and, if relevant, whether it's a high MD or else a standard MD.  Note
that if it's a high MD, standard will not show.  Within this dialog, you will
see an "initialize disc" button.  This is actually a dialog.  Press enter here.

15.  Next, you will be warned that the action you are about to take will erase
all audio and other data from the disc.  Say yes to this prompt.

16.  Next, You will get a second warning of the same type.  Say yes to it also.

17.  At this point, you will be informed that tracks can be transferred only
once and do you really want to do this.  Say yes here also.

18.  Now, the process will begin; however, it will be interrupted by a special
property sheet which will have a dialog informing you that "tracks which have
been recorded with a microphone or line in can be saved as .wav files".  You
will observe two check boxes which, by default, be unchecked.  The first box is
the one which will allow you to save the files from disc to .wav files.  Check
it.  The second check box will say "Don't show me this again".  It will also be
unchecked by default.  Deal with this one as you please; but, be cautioned, I
have not as yet found any way to get back in to this dialog once the box is
checked.  You will also observe a "browse" button for selecting the folder in
to which you wish the .wav files transferred.

19.  Now, when you click the okay button, the process will actually get
underway.  You can keep tabs on the percentage of transfer using the JAWS

20.  Upon the conclusion of this process, you will be taken back to the
initialize dialog.  That is the only way you know that it's done.

Sincerely yours,
The Constantly Barefoot,
Home phone and fax:
Skype Name: