[bct] Re: Social work

  • From: Buddy Brannan <buddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 21:34:37 -0500

Yes Maria, you're correct: if the signal from the GPS satellite is blocked (say, by the tallbuildings over which Superman is able to leap in a single bound), you will get weak signals or perhaps no signal. It's a definite shortcoming; I'd like to see, for instance, some sort of ground repeater stations that could allow better GPS coverage in big cities like NYC and so on. Still, for that shortcoming, I'd still like to have one. Erie, PA has very little in the way of skyscrapers. Anyway, you can at least browse the maps offline and plan your route, which would still be dead useful. (Uh. Maybe not dead, but useful anyway.)>

Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV : Email buddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Phone: 888-752-8339 (888-75-BUDDY)
For over 135 years, Watkins products have cleaned our homes, made our meals and desserts tastier, and improved our health and well-being: http://www.tastyshop.net
...And a Watkins business could change your life today: http://www.tastybiz.com