[bct] Re: Social work

  • From: Buddy Brannan <buddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 20:26:51 -0500

OK, sorry, I just have to make this observation:

Joseli, the Mac is really funny. (I'm using a Mac for my Email and some other things...rather like it, actually, and look forward to improvements with Voiceover.) But the Mac speech synthesizer says your name as "Jose Lee", which is just too funny!

I, too, am largely self-taught. I say largely, because I had some basics sort of explained to me once (as regards Windows). I also learned some unix way back during a summer job thing, and DOS...well...learned lots of DOS. But apart from Excel, which I totally don't grok, and some of the more arcane bits of Word (can't we just use WordPerfect 5.1?), I expect I'm at least as good as some of the least bad assistive tech trainers, though certainly not as good as some...which is to say, we can all use improvement. I'm going to actually start offering assistive tech training services with a friend of mine; both in-person and teleclass. I know others offer distance learning types of assistive tech training, but many of those presuppose you have the wherewithal to use the Internet in order to take advantage. I make no such assumptions and can, therefore, get someone started from zero. :-)
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV : Independent Watkins Associate #361534
Email: buddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx : Phone: 888-752-8339