[bct] Social work

  • From: "beth" <fb-oe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 20:38:06 -0500

Yes, good for you--I've learned a ton of stuff from my folks and self-taught
PC skills.  Remember Dan's definition of "expert"?  The rehab and VR stuff
is for the birds.  The stupid rehab center I went to supposedly taught
stuff, the only reason I went was because I wrongly thought I would learn
something.  They want you to do it their way or not at all.  Hey, it's you
who will be doing it, so use your imagination and come up with your own way!
I went back for laser cane training but they made me do other stuff to get
that and, to their credit, I think you can now have more choice as to what
you take and you don't have to do a core curriculum.  The laser cane was not
for me, by the way.  We can teach ourselves.  The heck with rehab!  Beth