[bct] So much recording software, so little knowledge

  • From: "Don" <donter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 15:41:25 -0500

I have used Total Recorder to make a recording which I used as a podcast
quite a while ago on BCT.  What I like about it is that if you pick software
as your source, the screen reader is not recorded.  On the other hand, if
you want to do a demo of software, picking sound board as the source will
allow you to record both your voice and the screen reader output.

Now though I was thinking of doing a podcast for BCT demoing Band-in-the
Box, software which generates musical accompaniment for any songs you enter.
The problem is that Total Recorder doesn't record the MIDI out which I need
to successfully do this demo.  I was thinking about getting Studio Recorder
or something similar, but need to know if it will record both the screen
reader and MIDI out at will?

Thanks for any ideas on this or recommendations of other solutions.

Don Barrett