[bct] Snowcastt

  • From: "Lois Goodine" <al419@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "blindcooltech" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 13:40:28 -0800

Jeff!  I love your snowcast!  Listening with headphones it's almost like I'm
right there with you and Mary, hearing the wind and snow.  And I could tell when
you were close to your house on one side.  I haven't been in snow country for
many years.  I spent four years in Kansas City going to college.  I've also
spent a year in Montana. I've noticed when there is a lot of snow, sound is
dampened.  That is, everything sounds slightly muffled, and close.  Probably the
snow absorbs the sound waves.  And I suspect that the degree of muffling is
proportional in some way, to the amount of moisture in the snow, the
temperature, and snow depth.
Lois