[bct] Re: Smoking, plastic, and random thoughts

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 12:05:32 -0800

My mom and stepfather smoked at least two packs a day and I didn't know what it
was like to be in a totally smoke free area till I went to college. Our house
was so bad that my clothes and hair always had the scent of smoke, so when I
finally got out on my own it was a treat being away from it. My family still
smoked when they came to visit, but you can bet I did what I could to air out
the place after they left.

On another subject, I was sorry to hear about the dangers of plastic. I have so
much Tupperware and other plastic containers around here and I can't afford to
replace it all with glass or ceramic, so probably won't. The water pitchers I
use for storing filtered water came with my distiller quite a few years ago and
I've never noticed any strange taste or odor; and no, I don't recall what type
of plastic it is, so please don't ask because I don't know. However, the
Tupperware microwave stuff shows signs of wear; some of the microwave dishes,
which are only a year old, have baked-on stuff that I can't get off and will
just have to live with.

Just shows that we can't all abide by all the warnings and hazards; if we did,
we'd be afraid to breathe, afraid to eat, afraid to drink or move or go
outside, and then we'd be worse off than if we just lightened up a bit.