[bct] Re: Smoking

  • From: Slythy_Tove <mcg907@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 13:53:15 -0800 (PST)

Hi Jake,

One guy in my class must be chain smoker.  When he sits down next to me I have
to slide to the end of the table in order not to get sick from the reek of the
smoke on him.  He is probably a nice enough guy but every time he walks up to
me to talk I end up moving back.  I guess next week I am going to have to tell
him that I can't handle how bad the pall of smoke is around him even in a
non-smoking building and we'll have to talk from a distance - like, say, 5 or 6
feet away.

I must admit that if Dan were a regular tobacco smoker we'd have never made it
as I could not take it.  His roomates at the time we met were heavy smokers and
when he visited me in Alaska I had to hang his tweeds out to air and wash the
rest of them they smelled that bad from the tobacco smoke.  In a day or two he
realized how bad the reek actually was and when I moved out to be with him his
roommates were pretty much confined to smoking in their rooms (even the walls
reeked) or outside.

People who smoke (like I used to) just don't realize how bad they smell to the
majority of the population which does not smoke.  After I quit and was around
smokers I used to think to myself - And I used to smell like that?