[bct] Re: Smoking

  • From: "Jake Joehl" <jajoehl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 14:29:42 -0600

That's interesting. One day when I was with my neighbor who has been trying to
quit smoking, I told him nicely to please not smoke around me, as it might
damage my kidneys. He was very nice about it and has been very good. When he is
with me now his clothes smell strongly of smoke, but he has never lit up around
me since I asked him to stop. I think his older brother died in part because of
smoking, but that wasn't the only factor which contributed to his death. I
think my neighbor  is the only living member of his family who has ever smoked,
although I hear now that at least one of his younger brothers has started.
Nobody is allowed to smoke in our community room, probably because it is an
enclosed room with only one small window near the door. My neighbor across the
hall, however, is a serious smoker and she has even told us that she is not
ready to even think about quitting. She even smokes in her car.