[bct] Re: Skype and resources

  • From: Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 22:01:19 -0400

Hi, Patrick. I have to agree that Skype is pretty greedy with computer resources. Bandwidth doesn't seem to degrade that much, and that's a good thing. Perhaps this resource drain is more noticable on older machines, maybe a processer that's less than 2 gigs. I know that I sure feel system slow-down if I'm running both MSN and Skype at the same time. I believe I should be able to check email, chat on MSN, and talk on Skype all at the same time. Reality has a way of intruding on my dreams though. I get annoyed after awhile and close them both. (smile)

Visit my blog at: http://plumlipstick.livejournal.com