[bct] Re: Skype and Window-Eyes

  • From: farhan khan <farhan@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Robert Carter <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 16:02:41 -0600

The question is, using the mousepointer, can you still see the contact list? it
seems the only screenreader, that works with the new skype is jaws.
ON 2/26/2006 at 16:01 Robert Carter said
Hi All,

I have discovered that the very latest version of Skype does not work
as well with Window-Eyes 5.5. With Skype version 1.4.084, Window-Eyes
reads the contact list perfectly when one uses the up and down
arrows. In this version, the status of a contact is announced. In the
very latest version, I cannot get this to work at all. I think Skype
broke the       accessibility in this version. I am just letting
Window-Eyes users know not to upgrade if you don't want to loose this
very nice capability.

Robert Carter