[bct] Skype and Window-Eyes

  • From: Robert Carter <r-carter@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 13:41:30 -0600

Hi All,

I have discovered that the very latest version of Skype does not work as well with Window-Eyes 5.5. With Skype version 1.4.084, Window-Eyes reads the contact list perfectly when one uses the up and down arrows. In this version, the status of a contact is announced. In the very latest version, I cannot get this to work at all. I think Skype broke the accessibility in this version. I am just letting Window-Eyes users know not to upgrade if you don't want to loose this very nice capability.

Robert Carter