[bct] Re: Skype Conferencing

  • From: "Bill Belew" <bill@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 21:22:44 -0800

Hi Dana,

I use Skype all the time, even though I also have unlimited long distance.
There is something much different about talking with high fidelity sound to
a friend and even being able to talk with two or three other people in the
room with the friend that is really nice.  I'm not sure why you have
experienced such delays and poor quality because I have been amazed by the
clarity and responsiveness of Skype.  It certainly does slow down anything
else running at the same time; is it possible that you had several other
programs running while you used Skype?

I talk with one good friend of mine nearly everyday and he uses a A K G mic
that works so well, I can even hear his wife from the next room and say
hello to her.

As far as foreign currency goes, there is no currency involved to talk
computer to computer.  I guess it's a little like what's been said about
microphones; we each have our own tastes.  One of the things that makes the
world interesting.

Bill Belew