[bct] Re: Sight, & retirement

  • From: "Mike Justice" <m.d.justice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 11:45:09 -0500

Maria,

After 39 years of continuous employment, I was able to retire with a comfortable pension through the Ohio Public Employees Retirement System, and the Lord has given me good general health over the years (I will be 60 in September). My wife and I will celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary in July, and our first grandchild, our younger son's daughter Tristen will be 2 in September. Shaun (24) and his wife Melissa live in Reynoldsburg, Ohio, which is about an hour and a half from our home in Springfield. Our "adopted" daughter Marci and her husband Gary live in Columbus, and our older son Tom (27) and his wife Amber live in a rural area within about a ten minute drive from our home. Marci came to us when we were her court-appointed shelter care home in 1995 when she was 16. My wife home schooled her with our older son through high school, and she considers us as Mom and Dad, though she is not legally adopted. I walked her down the aisle at her wedding in May 2005, and that was a great joy for me. Family and the body of Christ can now have an even larger share of my time since I no longer have the demands of a management position. But I don't consider "retirement" to be more than my main source of income. I want to be "employed" by continuing to find interesting and fruitful endeavors as long as the Lord allows me the strength and imagination to be productive. While my boys were still young, I was active on the local and state levels in the organized blind movement (about ten years), and was active in the local Lions Club for about eight years. By the mid 1980"s, Family and local church responsibilities finally won the competition for my spare time after work. I am still adjusting as I have been out of my office since November 2003, and my family has expanded with three spouses and the first installment of the next generation. It seems now, that I am also re-familiarizing myself with the blind community, and I am thoroughly enjoying the interaction available through the cyberspace pipeline.

Mike Justice,
www.MPNHome.net/blind/blind.htm
----- Original Message ----- From: "Maria" <malyn87@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>