[bct] Re: Shopping

  • From: The Scarlet Wombat <coconut@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 19:58:48 -0500

Yes, I just checked out the fresh direct web site and they are only in nY for now, but they might expand in the future. We have peapod here, but you must set things up well in advance and their web site is anything but accessible.

I remember living in Las Vegas, you could get anything you could imagine delivered, from a Texas sized chili burger to prime rib or shrimp scampi, not to mention a good bottle of wine. This part of New England is a bloody wasteland. The only things you can get delivered are very low class Chinese food and bad pizza...Dominos is bad pizza. I'd not move back to Vegas for the delivered food, but sure wish there was more available here. We have a dirth of decent restaurants, anyway. Even supposedly high end places have pure rot to eat, I can do better blindfolded...oh wait, I'm blindfolded, in essence, well, I can do better with two hands tied behind my back. There is one good restaurant near us, but a meal there for two is in the range of $80, a tad rich for us most of the time. Besides, when I think of the good Scotch I can buy for $80...