[bct] Re: Sending SMS messages

  • From: Borris de Norie <blindcoolborris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Geleidehond <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 15:34:17 -0400

On 5/28/2006, 1:29:25 PM EST, Geleidehond wrote:

> Do you know a program for sending SMS text messages from pc using a
> bluetooth connected mobile phone?

Depends on which phone you have I suppose.
If you have a Nokia phone (non 3600/3620/3650/3660 and possibly n-guage
as they are old, and PC suite doesn't work over bluetooth with these
phones), you can do this with PC Suite. This is how I had to send and receive
for a long time with my 6610 an a data cable before I got a phone that
runs talks.

Different phone manufacturers have their own proprietary software to do
this. Motorola, for example, charges for theres, and you don't get it
by default in most cases.

-- --
Patrick Perdue (MCP, CNA)
Greensboro, NC
website: http://www.pdaudio.net
home: +1(828)221-2971
Mobile phone and SMS: +1(336)509-5583
e-mail and .net messenger: <Patrick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
skype: Borris
For anything related to the yamaha motif line of keyboards and
modules, subscribe to the motif-help mailing list by sending a
blank message to:

This message originally sent in reply to geleidehond@xxxxxxxxx on Sunday, May
28, 2006 at 3:31 PM EDT.