[bct] Search engine for sounds

  • From: "Joni Colver" <joni.colver@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCT" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 09:37:41 -0600

I am probably the last one on the planet to explore this site, but, I had
fun visiting it last night.

http://www.findsounds.com/

Dan I just read your message before writing this one.  You can choose
various parameters for the search, including 16-bit.  The sound clips I
believe do not exceed 10 seconds.  You could check it out to see if it has
anything you could use.  I like finding new sounds for my sound scheme and
also listening to various nature sounds like owls, birds and other animals.

Also, someone on this list mentioned using didgeridoo at the 20 questions
website and I had never heard of it.  There is a sample of that instrument
at the above website and here is the definition of it:

Definitions of didgeridoo on the Web:

Aboriginal Australian wind instrument made from Eucalyptus tree branches
which have been hollowed out by termites. They are usually

painted with motifs of mythological origin.

www.celsomachado.com/glossary.html

. The didgeridoo (or didjeridu) is a unique wind instrument of the
Australian Aborigines of northern Australia. It is sometimes described as a
natural wooden

trumpet or "drone pipe". Musicologists classify it as an aerophone.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Didgeridoo

It truly has a strange sound.  I enjoy learning new things and it was fun to
actually hear the instrument demonstrated as well as reading a definition
through google.

There is a link to an interesting article about sound at the above website
some people might like to read.  The direct link to the article is:

http://www.comparisonics.com/SearchingForSounds.html

Joni