[bct] Screen readers

  • From: "Riz" <rizstf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Blind Cool Tech" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 19:20:29 -0000

Hy all,
I have always wondered which screen reader is rated as the best.  I have tried
all 3 of the main ones and hear are my thoughts.

JFW: Works good with applications that it has been configured to work with
otherwise pritty poor.
Hal for windows:  I find this one quite cumbersom and auquad to use and not
very intuative.
Window eyes: my currant screen reader, good with programs it has been
configured and not bad on other programs, it is stable and quite flexable.

So their we havit please feel free to comment.  I am not going to get into the
pricing of these screen readers on this email otherwise the soapbox will be
well and truly in use.