[bct] Screen Readers and Other Stuff

  • From: jajoehl@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 03:02:17 +0000

Hey everyone. I thought I'd take a moment and respond to a few messages before
Comcast signs me out. I will answer the survey later this week as I think my
Internet connection is working again. Regarding screen readers, I've only used
JAWS and Window-Eyes. I am more familiar with JFW. Both are very good screen
readers in my opinion. I've never used a Braille display with either, only
speech output. It seems like Freedom Scientific is always hard at work making
improvements to each new version of their screen reader. I'm sure the same is
true of GW Micro, but like I said I haven't used Window-Eyes that much. One
thing I like about JFW is its extreme versatility and ease of use by even the
most inexperienced user. The built-in help system is very extensive and quite
good. I haven't had to call on FS's tech support for a long time, but when I
did I always received prompt attention to my problem and the reps were always
most helpful and friendly. I think that's all for now.