[bct] Re: Running both Window-Eyes and JAWS on the same PC

  • From: Chris G <chrisg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 12:41:07 -0500

Jaws and window-eyes work fine on the same computer.
You need to unload jaws and load wineyes with control-alt-w.
assign a hot key to the jaws icon so when you close wineyes you can load
jaws with a hot key such as alt-control-j.

On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 07:55:51 -0800
"Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Steve,
> I have known of people who happily use Jaws and Window Eyes on the same PC.
> Some people I worked with found this to be an absolute necessity, because
> they said, as some say here, that one screen reader works better in some
> situations than the other. I don't have any more information except that
> some people were able to "put Jaws to sleep" as they put it, and then load
> Window Eyes for the situation they used it with. A situation could either be
> a task they wanted to perform, or an application, or a combination of both.
> Mary
> http://www.eset.com

Chris G <chrisg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Don't count your chickens before they cross the road.