[bct] Re: Running both Window-Eyes and JAWS on the same PC

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 07:55:51 -0800

I have known of people who happily use Jaws and Window Eyes on the same PC. Some people I worked with found this to be an absolute necessity, because they said, as some say here, that one screen reader works better in some situations than the other. I don't have any more information except that some people were able to "put Jaws to sleep" as they put it, and then load Window Eyes for the situation they used it with. A situation could either be a task they wanted to perform, or an application, or a combination of both.