[bct] Re: Rose's hard drive crash

  • From: Shane Christenson <shane68@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 06:35:24 -0500

I too had to reformat my hard drive recently after a crash. Luckilyh, I had everything backed up, so that was no big deal, but had to replace a sound card once I re-installed because my old one was no longer recognized for some strange reason. am now the prowd owner of a turtle beach Montego, which seems so far to be an excellent card.

At 10:24 AM 5/19/2006, you wrote:

That's a shame about your hard drive; makes me want to do a podcast about backing up, but I don't want to rub salt in the wound, so to speak. It's a painful subject for you right now, and I don't want to cause any grief; my perspective is a bit different, coming from the background I come from; so I'll do it if anyone wants to hear a podcast on it. I am quite sure somebody else did a podcast recently about an alternative to system restore; that alternative could be used as a backup strategy, but there are many ways of accomplishing a backup, depending on your definition and what you consider is worth backing up.

Mary Emerson
E-mail: <mailto:maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype name: mkemerson
Podcast web site: <http://www.emerson.libsyn.com>http://www.emerson.libsyn.com
Podcast feed: emerson.libsyn.com/rss

Check out B S C Games' new exciting game, Pipe 2, Blast Chamber. Read all about it, download a free demo or just plain order it at