[bct] Re: Rockbox

  • From: "Kristian Whawell" <kwhawell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 15:39:37 -0000

I have to aggree with you riz, having sighted assistance to get rockbox running is not really too great, but talks is like that now on the newer phones that don't permit remote installation. the nokia 6600 will let you instal talks using JAWS and PC suite, but the nokia 6630 and other phones that don't have infrared don't, no idea why, I think it's some kind of security thing that bluetooth has, but don't quote me on it, the 6600 will let you go through the install phase on the pc, and no interaction wih the phone is needed, if using infrared, I think if using bluetooth you have to interact with the phone once the files are transfered. although I don't have a bluetooth adaptor on my pc, so cannot test that one, the 6630 either with bluetooth and USB connection require you to interact wih the phone, you may need sighted assistance but I have been told it's doable