[bct] Re: Riz says goodbuy

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 10:35:30 -0600

Hello everyone and also Riz if you are still here.  I think what Riz
doesn't understand is that there has been a moderator on this list from
day one.  It has been Larry.  He has had the responsibility to ask
people to take their posts off list.  He did not do this, and I am
unlikely to do so either in that we both agree with how the list should
be managed.  He and I both felt that the discussion on religion was the
only thing that should be discussed else where.  So, let's go on having
fun and learning about a lot of things with no fear that you will be
asked to do anything but what we have been doing.  And, as Larry said,
if there is a discussion that comes up in the future that seems divisive
where people are bashing other people's opinions, say on the subject of
politics, yes, I will ask people to take this kind of a discussion off
list and I suspect Larry would have done so as well.

This is a list designed to talk about podcasts.  And, as we have all
learned, we cover lots of things beyond that.  We have talked about ways
to make it easier for people who only want to know about podcast
subjects or subjects related to making podcast to be able to use the
list more efficiently.  One way we have of doing this is by making sure
our subjects fit the message.  I don't think that is too much to ask.
I'm not going to jump down anyone's throat if they forget to do this and
I am likely to be one of the first ones to forget.  So, let's continue
being friends and learning from each other.

Neal