[bct] Restaurants

  • From: "Maria" <malyn87@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 11:21:34 -0500

Hi Mary and all,
As we have been writing about the noise level in restaurants lately, I was
wondering if you have ever been to any of the Pizza Kitchen restaurants.  We
have two or three here in New York, and frequent the one in the city.  The
pizzas are not your run-of-the-mill pizzas.  They offer things like shrimp
scampi pizza, portabella mushroom pizza, the tostada, which is a Mexican style
pizza with checa tomatoes, lettuce, avocado, chicken, and topped with tortilla
chip bits.  It is one of my favorites.  They also have pasta dishes, a spinach
artichoke dip entree which is delicious, and Lynnette is totally enamored of
their egg rolls with chicken and avocado entree.  O boy, I'd better stop
writing about this; it's making my salivary glands work overtime.  Anyway,
Mary, I thought you might have heard of this restaurant chain as it is
California-based.  O, and they don't play their music excessively loud, which
we really appreciate.  Another selling point for us is that they appear to
train their waiters really well.  They are all so attentive and helpful.  After
we had eaten there a few times, we asked one of the waiters if they ever
considered having braille menus.  He said he'd talk to the manager and, don't
you know, a couple of months later  they brought a braille menu to us?  and
they revise it every so often to include new selections.

Ok, this is really it for now.  I think I have waxed poetic enough on the

visit our website at: