[bct] Re: Response to aura response podcast

  • From: The Scarlet Wombat <coconut@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 18:36:07 -0500

Jeff, I cannot prove you have a bone spur that hurts, only you and your doctor, perhaps, know this. You cannot prove I see or do not see auras, you must accept my word on this. My disdain expressed in the podcast is for those who, out of hand, dismiss anything that they cannot prove from their own particular scientific basis. You see this on the skeptic web sites. Many of these folks put science to shame with their inability to allow for an open mind and things that are beyond their ken.

I have no problem with belief or disbelief in any particular phenomenon, I have a problem when people tell me that my experience is invalid because it cannot be subjected to a scientific experiment they approve of. Let me hasten to say I am not accusing you of this, but many would, and for them, I have little time.