[bct] Recycling

  • From: Slythy_Tove <mcg907@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 17:53:49 -0800 (PST)

Not that I recommend smoking, but partially smoked pipe tobacco on house plants
is a good bug killer - the plants absorb the nicotine and the insects that eat
the plants die from it.  I found that out when a former supervisor dumped his
pipe tobacco into my plants (I was displeased to say the least) and then poured
part of his flat diet coke on them).  The plants prospered and the red spider
infestation I was battling died away.  Also used coffee grounds on them.

I really don't know if we are saving much with some forms of recycling, but it
seems to make sense to do it.  Our area does not recycle, which is perplexing,
They do more recycling in New Hampsire than in Mass, I believe.