[bct] Re: Recordings on the Olympus ws320M

  • From: "Mike" <mgpjcole@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 21:02:36 -0800

I listened to the Atia recordings Larry. It was a noisy exhibit hall you were
in. For
some reason the voices that were background while you conversed with different
people
pumped a bit. You or the other person would speak and knock the crowd noise
down a
little and then the background would come up between your pauses. It reminded
me of
listening to encoded noise reduction without the decoding a little. It was all
plenty
intelligible. The quality, the fidelity, if you will, was good, but I wondered
if
what I was hearing was a function of the compression rate in the first place or
the
conversions to and from wave files and back or whether the recorder was the
culprit.
Now in another pod cast, the meeting with the Library of Congress at the NFB
convention, the speakers were not amplified and they were at some distance from
you,
but the room sound was very natural. I mean we were sitting right there with
you man.