[bct] Re: Recording from the internet

  • From: Lukas Loehrer <listaddr1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 15:50:29 +0200

Hi Dan,

streamripper is a nice Free (free ans in fredom) program to record
internet streaming audio. I have only experiecnce with it on Linux,
but there is a Windows and Mac version available, the latter of which
I was told works very well. It will usually record in the format the
station is actually broadcasting in, so for shoutcast streams, it will
mostly be mp3. The nice thing about it is that it will split tracks
automatically and name them if meta information in conveyed in the
stream. I believe it is available as plugin for winamp and as a
command line program, but I am not sure.

It is available from:
http://streamripper.sourceforge.net
The direct download link for the windows versions appears to be:
http://ovh.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/streamripper/streamripper-win32-1.61.19.zip
http://ovh.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/streamripper/srwa5-1.61.19.exe

It seems that the last link is for the winamp plugin.

Best regards, Lukas