[bct] Re: Recorders for the blind

  • From: "Phil Vlasak" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 13:39:45 -0500

MessageHi Folks,
Since the US Government will soon be putting talking books on memory chips, it
would seem that APH is developing something to play them with.
 I would hope they are also developing something that will record onto those
chips in the same format which I suspect is MP3.
This is what they did with the HandiCassette, in allowing the public to buy a
four track cassette recorder.
It does not take too much speculation that the Bookport could be adapted to do
these things easier than developing a totally new device.