[bct] Re: Recommendations for a usable multitrack recorder.

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 15:57:03 -0600

Hi, I didn't know about this one.  Thanks for bringing it up.  For
people on the list, I have pasted some information below.
 It sells for a bit over $600 but can be gotten for around $450.

Tascam DP01FX description:
Twenty-five years after the introduction of the first Portastudio, the
new DP-01FX 8-track Digital Portastudio makes hard disk recording
affordable and
simple enough for all musicians. Continuing TASCAM's "Capture Your Art"
campaign of making recording approachable to all musicians, the DP-01FX
features
the one-knob-per-function design that has made TASCAM cassette
Portastudios the choice of thousands of musicians.
list of 17 items
Features
. 8-track recording at uncompressed CD quality into a built-in 40GB hard
drive
. 2-track simultaneous recording
. Dedicated stereo mixdown track
. Dedicated controls on each channel for volume, pan, EFX send, EQ high
& EQ low
. Two-band semi-parametric EQ per track
. Two 1/4 " TRS mic/line inputs
. Two phantom powered XLR microphone inputs (DP-01FX only)
. Guitar level input
. Built-in reverb processor (DP-01FX only)
. Built-in insert effects processor (DP-01FX only)
. Effects send and stereo return
. RCA line output
. S/PDIF digital optical output
. Headphone output w/level control
. MIDI Timecode Output
. USB 2.0 port for computer backup
. Track editing: copy, paste, move, erase, silence