[bct] Recommendations for a usable multitrack recorder.

  • From: "John Schucker" <gwynn@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 15:16:55 -0600

OK, now that I've introduced myself, here's one of the big questions I
wanted to ask, aside from podcasting and all that good stuff.  I'm
looking for a usable multitrack recorder ,and I was hoping some people
here had recommendations.  I know the big thing is recording with
computers these days, but mine is too noisy to do that.  Not to mention,
the software is actually more expensive than some multitrack recorders,
and you also lose portability.

So far I've been looking at the Tascam DP01FX:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Guitar/Recording/Gear?sku=241107

It supposedly has a one function per knob design, and though it has
menus, apparently you can do a lot of things without them.  Plus, you
can send stuff to the computer, so I could edit it with GoldWave or
whatever.  I'll happily listen to any suggestions, if people can find
ways of solving my computer noise issue I'll consider that too.  But I'm
sort of thinking a multitrack recorder might be the way to go.

Part of this is the portability, as I said.  I have a Sony MZRH910
minidisc recorder, and I like being able to just hook it up and record.
So I'm thinking a multitrack recorder would have similar advantages.
Hopefully, somebody has some suggestions, heh.