[bct] Re: Reading Books on the Computer

  • From: "Paula Waby" <paulawaby@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 13:58:53 +1300

I prefer to do one thing at a time too now. As a kid I liked to do my homework
with music in the background but I seem to have lost the ability to concentrate
on more than one task if it is something important. Having said that, I like to
listen to magazines or podcasts while doing the dishes or something else I
don't enjoy much, but if I am reading a good book I am the same as Maria and
like to be snuggled up in bed or on the couch. I can actually work with other
noise in the background so long as it is not noise that is relevant to me. My
partner also uses a computer with Jaws and I can work on mine while hearing his
in the background and as long as it really isn't loud I can just switch off
from what it is saying.

I don't like reading books on the computer though as a rule. It's too easy to
fall asleep. I prefer them being read on the talking book machine by a human.

Paula and Enya.